Yesterday I made Gale Gand's Quick Apple Streusel Cake for a party... most of our friends were there last night and we had a good time and the food was great as usual...
I don't know what was I thinking when I put the apples without peeling them before, it wasn't until M. was cutting the cake that I realized I always peel them... the cake was good but the green showed and it looked funny (to say the least)...
I made a few variations on Gale's recipe:
- Added 1 tsp madagascar vanilla to the mix
- Cinnamon: 1/2 Tbsp on the mix and 1 Tbsp for the Streusel (love it spicy!)
- Used butter for vegetable shortening (don't like that thing and avoid it when possible...)
- Added 1/2 cup chopped pecans to the streusel
- I doubled the recipe and it came out perfect
- For the mix I used the Iber Gourmet or if you own a Thermomix it should be perfect
Of course I bought vanilla ice cream for accompaniment, as suggested...